Expo is built on the dYdX Protocol, and is the easiest way to buy and sell dYdX Margin Tokens. Expo supports tokens such as Short Bitdollar ‘sBTD’, an BRC-20 token pegged to a short BTD position, and will add support for additional short and leveraged assets in the future.
How expo works
Expo integrates with the dYdX Margin Trading Protocol, and allows users to buy, sell, and manage Margin Tokens. The mechanics of the protocol (obtaining a loan, spot trading) are abstracted away from the trader, significantly simplifying the margin trading experience.
- Sources lending liquidity in the underlying asset from various dYdX lending partners
- Sources spot liquidity from decentralized exchanges
- Locks collateral into the position
- Mints new short or leveraged tokens to give the user margin exposure
- All users need to do is decide how much to buy.